‘Explore,Experience and Educate’ Programme
The Athy Heritage Centre- Shackleton Museum places a strong emphasis on formulating and developing a wide variety of educational programmes and activities.
Offering a wide range of hands-on, educational activities. Guided tours, interactive workshops and activity packs which allows students to explore our exhibitions in a fun, diverse and accessible way. Included in the tour is ours after visit educational pack which helps extend the experience back into the classroom/learning environment.
The Explore, Experience and Educate’ programme is our educational pack/s encompassing all the themes within the Museum
- Medieval History & Archaeology
- The Famine
- World War I
- Polar History
- Transport Heritage
- Grand Canal and the River Barrow
Secondary School/ Scout, Guide, Youth Groups and Adult Learning
- Themed Project Design
- Waterway / Flora and Fauna
The above can be tailored to suit school/groups needs
- To further grow our partnerships with local schools and groups, in order to develop broad-based programmes which both benefit and enrich community life
- Athy Heritage Centre- Shackleton Museum will constantly broaden and deepen the interpretation of each theme within the Museum to expand and facilitate opportunities for learning on both the casual and the in-depth levels.
- The education policy will guide the design of new and exciting exhibits inspired by the proverb- “I hear I forget, I see I remember, I do and I understand”.
- To expand the idea of “museum” beyond the physical confines of the building.
Examples of some of our educational activity packs :