‘Explore,Experience and Educate’ Programme
The Athy Heritage Centre- Shackleton Museum places a strong emphasis on formulating and developing a wide variety of educational programmes and activities.
Offering a wide range of hands-on, educational activities. Guided tours, interactive workshops and activity packs which allows students to explore our exhibitions in a fun, diverse and accessible way. Included in the tour is ours after visit educational pack which helps extend the experience back into the classroom/learning environment.
The Explore, Experience and Educate’ programme is our educational pack/s encompassing all the themes within the Museum
- Medieval History & Archaeology
- The Famine
- World War I
- Polar History
- Transport Heritage
- Grand Canal and the River Barrow
Secondary School/ Scout, Guide, Youth Groups and Adult Learning
- Themed Project Design
- Waterway / Flora and Fauna
The above can be tailored to suit school/groups needs
- To further grow our partnerships with local schools and groups, in order to develop broad-based programmes which both benefit and enrich community life
- Athy Heritage Centre Museum will constantly broaden and deepen the interpretation of each theme within the Museum to expand and facilitate opportunities for learning on both the casual and the in-depth levels.
- The education policy will guide the design of new and exciting exhibits inspired by the proverb- “I hear I forget, I see I remember, I do and I understand”.
- To expand the idea of “museum” beyond the physical confines of the building.
Examples of some of our eduacational activity packs :